[tdwg-content] Recap - Darwin Core Standard - proposed changes in governance

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Thu Apr 23 19:32:50 CEST 2015

John,

Apologies for the delay in answering your questions.

Given that we have a group charged with coming up with a "standard for
our standards", it makes sense to wait for their work to be complete before refactoring Darwin Core along the ways
that have been proposed.

But I don't want to justify our decision to wait by citing an abandoned
draft standard. If, for whatever reason, the new "standard for our
standards" gets delayed, I think lawlessness (i.e. allowing the executive
to ratify whatever the membership supports) is preferable to adherence to
Draft 147.

Cheers,
Joel