[tdwg-content] Comments on Darwin Core Issue 205 (the proposed Organism term)

Eamonn O Tuama [GBIF] eotuama at gbif.org
Thu Sep 18 14:28:56 CEST 2014

I think the case for opaque identifiers can be argued both ways. See, e.g.
discussion here [1]. Further to Hilmar's point about offering flexibility
around defining labels, I also like them because, especially for
new-comers, they help distinguish the concept from the label we apply to
the concept and do not give preeminence to the English label.
Éamonn

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2014-02/msg00028.html