[tdwg-content] Floristic regions of the world

Simon Rycroft s.rycroft at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 18:01:09 CET 2014

On 06/11/14 16:37, Markus Döring wrote:
> I was wondering about that too. TDWG actually lists 2 geographic standards:
>
> 1) "World Geographical Scheme for Recording Plant Distributions"
> http://www.tdwg.org/standards/109/
> published in 1992.
> I assume this is the first version of Brummit?
>

> But then there is also
>
> 2) "Floristic Regions of the World"
> http://www.tdwg.org/standards/104/
> published in 1986 (matches Takhtajan)
> with no further information.
>

> So my guess was that both are prior standards endorsed by TDWG, is that true?

Looking at an old copy of the TDWG website, or a copy from archive.org,
it looks like standard 104 does indeed refer to Takhtajan, A. 1986.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/tdwg/standrds.html#floristic
https://web.archive.org/web/19991006180658/http://www.tdwg.org/standrds.html

Cheers,

Simon

--
Scratchpads technical architect and sysadmin
Natural History Museum
IM        : simon at rycroft.name
email     : s.rycroft at nhm.ac.uk
www       : http://simon.rycroft.name