[tdwg-content] Proposed new Darwin Core environmental terms from ENVO

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Sep 26 01:52:21 CEST 2013

Thanks for the information, Hilmar.  I don't have curl installed on my
machine at work, so I used
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/ which I have
previously found to reliably show me what happens when I dereference a
URI with Accept-Header application/rdf+xml  When I did it for
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002036 , I got:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
http://www.berkeleybop.org/ontologies/ENVO_00002036%20

Dereferencing http://www.berkeleybop.org/ontologies/ENVO_00002036%20
produced

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO/about/ENVO_00002036

Dereferencing that gave:
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
http://www.berkeleybop.org/ontologies/ENVO/about/ENVO_00002036

Dereferencing that gave:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
http://www.ontobee.org/browser/rdf.php?o=ENVO%26iri=http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002036

Dereferencing that gave:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
The RDF file... !

That didn't happen last time I tried it, so I suppose I did something
wrong that time.  4 redirects seems odd but I guess in the end it does
work.  My bad...

Steve

Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> [...]
>>> similarities. Biomes are often identified with particular patterns of
>>> ecological succession and climax vegetation.
>>> Comment: Examples: "flooded grassland biome",
>>> "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_01000195". For discussion see
>>> http://code.google.com/p/darwincore/wiki/Event (there will be no
>>> further documentation here until the term is ratified)
>>> Type of Term: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class
>>> Refines:
>>> Date Issued: 2013-09-25
>>> Date Modified: 2013-09-25
>>> Has Domain:
>>> Has Range:
>>> Refines:
>>> Version: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00000428
>>> Replaces:
>>> IsReplaceBy:
>>> Class: http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/Event
>>> ABCD 2.0.6: not in ABCD (someone please confirm or deny this)
>>>
>>> Term Name: environmental feature
>>> Identifier: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002297
>>> Namespace: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/
>>> Label: Environmental Feature
>>> Definition: A prominent or distinctive aspect, quality, or
>>> characteristic of a biome.
>>> Comment: Examples: "meadow",
>>> "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00000108". For discussion see
>>> http://code.google.com/p/darwincore/wiki/Event (there will be no
>>> further documentation here until the term is ratified)
>>> Type of Term: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class
>>> Refines:
>>> Date Issued: 2013-09-25
>>> Date Modified: 2013-09-25
>>> Has Domain:
>>> Has Range:
>>> Refines:
>>> Version: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002297
>>> Replaces:
>>> IsReplaceBy:
>>> Class: http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/Event
>>> ABCD 2.0.6: not in ABCD (someone please confirm or deny this)
>>>
>>> Term Name: environmental material
>>> Identifier: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00010483
>>> Namespace: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/
>>> Label: Environmental Material
>>> Definition: Material in or on which organisms may live.
>>> Comment: Examples: "scum",
>>> "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00003930". For discussion see
>>> http://code.google.com/p/darwincore/wiki/Event (there will be no
>>> further documentation here until the term is ratified)
>>> Type of Term: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class
>>> Refines:
>>> Date Issued: 2013-09-25
>>> Date Modified: 2013-09-25
>>> Has Domain:
>>> Has Range:
>>> Refines:
>>> Version: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00010483
>>> Replaces:
>>> IsReplaceBy:
>>> Class: http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/Event
>>> ABCD 2.0.6: not in ABCD (someone please confirm or deny this)
>>>
>>> The related issues in the Darwin Core issue tracker are
>>> https://code.google.com/p/darwincore/issues/detail?id=190
>>> and
>>> https://code.google.com/p/darwincore/issues/detail?id=191
>>>
>>> If there are any objections to the changes proposed for these terms,
>>> or comments about their definitions, please respond to this message.
>>> If there are no objections or if consensus can be reached on any
>>> amendments put forward, the proposal will go before the Executive
>>> Committee for authorization to put these additions into effect after
>>> the public commentary period.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> .
>>>

>> --
>> Steven J. Baskauf, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer
>> Vanderbilt University Dept. of Biological Sciences
>>
>> postal mail address:
>> PMB 351634
>> Nashville, TN  37235-1634,  U.S.A.
>>
>> delivery address:
>> 2125 Stevenson Center
>> 1161 21st Ave., S.
>> Nashville, TN 37235
>>
>> office: 2128 Stevenson Center
>> phone: (615) 343-4582,  fax: (615) 322-4942
>> If you fax, please phone or email so that I will know to look for it.
>> http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu

PMB 351634