[tdwg-content] Workshop on Documenting Darwin Core

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Fri Oct 25 23:27:37 CEST 2013

Everyone,

The Documenting Darwin Core workshop being held next week at TDWG will be
a series of four facilitated discussions that will examine current usage
and documentation of some of the more contentious and/or misunderstood
Darwin Core terms. Descriptions and goals for each session are posted at
http://bit.ly/18U2V2b .  Please feel free to comment on this agenda.

All are welcome to participate in any or all of the sessions. But please
note that we will only have time for minimal introductory and background
discussion. For those who need a refresher course, I've pasted links to
issue summaries below.

To all who'll be attending, I wish safe travels and a wonderful and
productive meeting - I wish I could be there.

Best,
Joel.
---

The trouble with Occurrence, in a nutshell:
http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-content/2013-June/003035.html

The proposal to add the classes for Individuals and Evidence (currently
labeled "Organism" and "CollectionObject", respectively):
http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-content/2011-September/002727.html

How rdf:type relates to dwc:basisOfRecord:
http://code.google.com/p/tdwg-rdf/wiki/DwcRdfGuideProposal (section
2.3.1.4)

This month's thread on basisOfRecord:
http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-content/2013-October/003150.html