[tdwg-content] Canonical name parsing

Dmitry Mozzherin dmozzherin at eol.org
Wed Mar 14 18:14:54 CET 2012

Rod, I think what you suggest goes well with existing DwC usage of
scientificName

So having scientificName as any kind of a name and

Peter's suggestion of canonicalScientificName as a canonical form of the name

would pretty much solve the issue and be intuitive enough for people
not to make mistakes normally.

@Rod:
EOL uses canonical form as a title on species pages, it would be easy
to add canonical forms to API I imagine.

Dima