[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] DwC change review: geo terms

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Fri Sep 9 23:17:57 CEST 2011

(Sorry if you receive this twice - John asked to repost here.)

Where is adopting these terms now going to put us with respect to OGC
standards, which, I think, will ultimately be more authoritative than
an informal W3C vocabulary.

I don't have enough insight into OGC standards for vocabularies for
describing geolocations, but I have also learned earlier this year
from Flip Dibner (copied here) that there are efforts underway within
OGC to create RDF vocabularies (presumably corresponding to OGC's XML
standards?).

	-hilmar