[tdwg-content] Inclusion of geo:lat, geo:long, geo:alt in Darwin Core unresolved

John Deck jdeck at berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 7 01:15:05 CEST 2011

DecimalLatitude and DecimalLongitude are very clear and it is nice to point
to their name as an indication of the restrictions on their contents.

Another issue with geo_lat/geo_lng is that while they can be readily adapted
by certain applications, there are still other ways of expressing
coordinates for consuming applications (e.g.
http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos).  My view is that the data
structures can be clear about what the data contains and communication
between webapps can use geo_lat/geo_long, etc....

John Deck

John Deck
(541) 321-0689