[tdwg-content] Expressing some relationships in DwC?

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Wed Oct 26 21:02:35 CEST 2011

"perhaps we should examine how best to use this already-existing DwC
class"

I'm thinking we need much more clarity for the TDWG community on this
very point.  What are the best uses of DwC terms?

Distinguishing the uses/methods/techniques from the DwC terms themselves
would be very useful I think.  In any particular discussion, it would be
helpful if it were clear if the use in discussion was about using DwC in
a Generic Darwin Core XML Schema, Simple Darwin Core XML Schema, or
Darwin Core Text Schema (all defined in the Standard) or in a DwC-A
package or an RDF triple structure or some other.  Without structure or
relationships, terms are just terms aren't they?  Maybe I'm just
uneducated in this area.

Chuck