[tdwg-content] Expressing some relationships in DwC?

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Wed Oct 26 16:19:37 CEST 2011

The question I would ask in this example is what's the specific definition/circumscription of the predicate "hasIdentification"?  Lacking any boundaries around the predicate, then you can have three uses of it that all have different meanings as shown in this case.  Likewise given the breadth of English synonymy, multiple predicates can be concocted by different people that mean the same thing: isBasedOn, isSourcedFrom, isAccordingTo. Maybe we need just as much standardization of predicates as objects.  DwC-Predicate?

Chuck