[tdwg-content] promulgating conspiracy theories is counterproductive

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:12:27 CEST 2011

Thanks Jim for injecting some humor. :-)

OK, I am sorry. I overreacted.

I spend a lot of time explaining how different things work, and making
examples etc on this list and I sometimes wonder if this is really in my
best interest?

Would I be better off spending time on groups that are clearer about what
they like and don't like?

If I take the time to change something to address some issue, will it even
matter in the end?

Does it make sense to take the time to build some consensus?

It seem that it would be best to do this within the TDWG umbrella but at
what cost compared to finishing my degree etc.

Respectfully,

- Pete

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Birth certificates. I want to see birth certificates!  :)
>
> jim (member of the TDWG Obscurati, TDWG Obfuscati, TDWG Obliterati, etc.)
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Blum, Stan <SBlum at calacademy.org> wrote:
> > There are no “TDWG Illuminati”

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology