[tdwg-content] New term resolution: dcterms:source

Peter Desmet peter.desmet at umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 6 14:02:05 CEST 2011

+1 for dcterms:source. Ideal for linking DwC records of any class to a
source record. E.g. for a taxon like:
http://data.canadensys.net/vascan/taxon/2891

Greg, I'm not sure I understand your latter concept and if
dwc:occurrenceDetails is a fit term for it. In my opinion
dwc:occurrenceDetails could be deprecated.

Peter

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:12, Gregor Hagedorn <g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the two terms are different.
>
> my understanding is that dcterms source expresses a relation between a
> (usually digital) record and another record, that is derived from the
> first.
>
> I think this is very useful in DwC in cases, where records are taken
> directly from a publication.
>
> However, it does not replace the fact that the source of the record is
> the digitization project of collection X and that the record is also
> cited in a recent publication.
>
> I have doubts whether occurrenceDetail is a good label for the latter
> concept, however.
>
> Gregor

Peter Desmet
Biodiversity Informatics Manager
Canadensys - www.canadensys.net

Université de Montréal Biodiversity Centre
4101 rue Sherbrooke est
Montreal, QC, H1X2B2
Canada

Phone: 514-343-6111 #82354