[tdwg-content] DarwinCore breaks my RDF

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:06:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

I ran into a problem with the sig.ma service after incorporating some
DarwinCore terms.

This now prevents my RDF from being analyzed or it seems viewed via Sig.ma

What is the cause?

If you take this URI
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm#acceptedNameUsageID

Plug it into the Vapour validator

http://validator.linkeddata.org/vapour

You get he following error.

Vapour was unable to complete the request due to the following exception:

ForbiddenAddress: forbidden request from 96.42.27.164 to
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm#acceptedNameUsageID (resolves to IP
192.38.28.106), internal IP addresses are forbidden
Complete traceback:

  File "/home/wwwidi/vapour/src/vapour/cup/webclient.py", line 117, in GET
    recipes.checkRecipes(store, resourcesToCheck, validatorOptions)
  File "../../vapour/teapot/recipes.py", line 34, in checkRecipes
    checkWithoutAcceptHeader(graph, resource, validatorOptions)
  File "../../vapour/teapot/recipes.py", line 49, in
checkWithoutAcceptHeader
    runScenario(graph, resource, scenarioDescription, requestedContentType,
validatorOptions, "GET")
  File "../../vapour/teapot/recipes.py", line 82, in runScenario
    (rootTestSubject, httpResponse) = followRedirects(graph, "dereferencing
" + resource['description'], resource['uri'], requestedContentType,
httpMethod, validatorOptions)
  File "../../vapour/teapot/httpdialog.py", line 22, in followRedirects
    r = simpleRequest(graph, url, accept, redirectsCount, None, method,
options)
  File "../../vapour/teapot/httpdialog.py", line 62, in simpleRequest
    raise ForbiddenAddress(str(ip), url, options.client)

The particular section and terms seem to be these from
http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ses/v6n7p.rdf

    <!-- GNA Names Groups -->
    <dwc_terms:acceptedNameUsageID rdf:resource="
http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/772d5162-f5aa-596c-98e0-a1c6c5a29bb9
"/>
    <dwc_terms:acceptedNameUsage>Puma concolor (Linnaeus
1771)</dwc_terms:acceptedNameUsage>
    <dwc_terms:originalNameUsageID rdf:resource="
http://gni.globalnames.org/name_strings/35da7f30-25ff-5111-ab29-1a4f9988ef51
"/>
    <dwc_terms:originalNameUsage>Felis concolor Linnaeus
1771</dwc_terms:originalNameUsage>
    <dwc_terms:vernacularName>Cougar</dwc_terms:vernacularName>

Please Fix, otherwise I will need to remove any DarwinCore from my RDF.

Thanks,

- Pete
Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology