[tdwg-content] dcterms:creator

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Fri Jan 14 22:08:13 CET 2011

> For the specimen there is dwc:collector, although it is being
> used also for observations where nothing was collected, and
> where dwc:identifiedby might be a bit more correct, semantically.

If I'm not mistaken, dwc:collector has been replaced with dwc:recordedBy.

I definitely think that dwc:identifiedby is important, but is not analogous
to collector/observer.  The act of collecting or observing organisms in situ
and the act of asserting a taxonomic identity to the organism are two very
different roles.  Often (especially for observations unvouchered by
specimens or images), the same person/set of people play both roles (usually
concurrently), but they should still be maintained as distinct roles.

Aloha,
Rich