[tdwg-content] dcterms:creator

Hannu Saarenmaa hannu at bioshare.com
Thu Jan 13 14:58:40 CET 2011

Greetings

We would need a term to store the name of the person who has digitised a
sample.  The current Darwin Core does not seem to include such term.
Dublin Core's "creator" is what we'd use.

I wonder why not all of the Dublin Core's 15 basic terms are included in
Darwin Core terms web page, but just a subset of them, which subset
seems to be somewhat random to me?

We could also use the DC term "contributor" or something for someone who
has proof-read the digitisation result.

I understand that nothing breaks if we use dc:creator because the Dublin
Core schema loads it along with other elements.  But because of this
omission some applications like GBIF IPT omit it from their mapping
capabilities, which is a problem.

Your advise is sppreaciated, Hannu

--
Hannu Saarenmaa, Project Manager
Digitisation Centre of the Finnish Museum of Natural History

Street address: Länsikatu 15, room 2C113 in Joensuu Science Park

hannu.saarenmaa at helsinki.fi
Telephone +358-13-251-5705
Mobile +358-50-4479668