[tdwg-content] GUIDs for publications (usages and names) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 6 16:33:36 CET 2011

I should clarify that I used rdfs:seeAlso specifically because (as I
understand it) it is one of the few RDF predicates where it is
acceptable for the object to not be another RDF resource.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_seealso and various other
discussions on the web as to why seeAlso was defined this way.  Thus, it
isn't clear to me that creating a "hasPDF" predicate is a good idea
because it might send an uninformed client on a wild-goose chase for
non-existent RDF.  I believe that the idea behind seeAlso was that
clients were on their own in figuring out the meaning of what they get
as the result of following the seeAlso link.
Steve

VU Station B 351634

http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu