[tdwg-content] [Taxacom] Finding your species in Mendeley

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 13:36:11 CET 2011

Dear Ward,

That's great!

One quibble, I would expect the value for http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/#namePublishedInID to be a URI, not a string literal. In other words, instead of:

<dwc:namePublishedInID>
<![CDATA[ http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0026243 ]]>
</dwc:namePublishedInID>

I would have:

<dwc:namePublishedInID rdf:resource="http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0026243" />

This means a client will interpret this as a resource and could decide to go and fetch it. If you store the DOI as a string clients won't know to "follow their nose" and retrieve details about the publication with that DOI. This isn't made clear in the Darwin Core spec, so I've cc'd this to the TDWG-Content mailing list in case anyone there has any comments.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy