[tdwg-content] Darwin Core change request status

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 30 17:28:40 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

This is just a brief update to let you know that I'm now concentrating
on resolving the open change requests to Darwin Core. Some of it is
quite straightforward. For example, the following additions have
support without objection:

yearOfPublication
georeferencedDate
identificationVerificationStatus
dcterms:StillImage
dcterms:MovingImage
dcterms:Sound

while the following has been accepted for removal from consideration:

DigitalStillImage

And the following changes have been accepted:

remove subclassing from Darwin Core Type Vocabulary terms
XML schema changes for extension
eventDate validation

Open issues remain (or at least I need to discover in the vast
discussion if  there was a consensus) on the following:

dcterms:source
Individual
Organism
Evidence