[tdwg-phylo] TDWG mailing list consolidation

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Wed Sep 8 18:45:00 CEST 2010

Hi Hilmar,

I'm not sure where Markus is, but Lee and Donald are asleep at the moment so
I will step in and respond somewhat unilaterally.

I expect the wording in the original note should have been prefaced "If
there are are no objections..."  Your group clearly has an objection, so I
am confident that the phyloinformatics interest group mailing list will NOT
be merged.  Your understanding of TDWG's larger intentions -- to support the
work of interest groups as best we can -- is correct.

A "discussion" of our mailing lists being over-partitioned and generally
very quiet went on over the last year (i.e., some time ago and not on the
phyloinformatics list).  It was a response to discussion on one list being
relevant to many and people finding it difficult to decide where to post and
discussion evolving into topics relevant to many lists (Darwin Core, ABCD,
SDD, Geo-spatial, etc).  For those groups a merge worked well.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

-Stan