[tdwg-content] Treatise on Occurrence, tokens, and basisOfRecord [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Fri Oct 29 03:10:41 CEST 2010

Thanks, Julian --

I somehow missed Stan's post (among a flurry of other emails - both from
this list, and from other sources).  Sorry about that, Stan!  So, after now
having read Stan's post, I do agree that the "who and how" (I'm leaving out
the "what they did", to avoid people mistaking it for the "what they saw")
-- that is, the "action" (in my terms) of the Event -- should, indeed, be
regarded as part of the Event, and not part of the Occurrence (although I
still maintain it could legitimately be interpreted either way).

I should also take this opportunity to mention MUSE and FishGopher as being
among the very early efforts to organize this sort of information in a form
that could be distributed over the proto-Net.

Aloha,
Rich