[tdwg-content] practical details of recording a determination What is an Occurrence?

John Wieczorek tuco at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 19 00:04:35 CEST 2010

In brief, dwc:nameAccordingTo is meant to be strictly about the name (Taxon)
whereas the dwc:identificationReferences might include a list of references
used in the assessment to make the determination. The
dwc:identificationReferences might include taxonomic treatments, but they
might also include something such as an expert range map or a field guide,
which one would never find as the objects of a dwc:nameAccordingTo.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Steve Baskauf <steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu