[tdwg-content] "resolution" of URIs usually used improperly

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Thu Oct 14 22:01:28 CEST 2010

Yes, too pedantic Bob.  ;-)
But really useful to be pointed out.

However, I think it really depends on the context you are using the terms (as is often the case).
I was considering how I might reword any mention of resolution and dereferencing in my beginners guide to persistent identifiers in accordance with what you have pointed out, but I think changing "resolution" to "dereference" will just confuse people in a beginners guide (ie they are probably too novice to know the difference, or even care)

Kevin