[tdwg-content] Why we may need both a more XML-like DarwinCore and a to be developed truly semantic one later.

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 03:20:24 CEST 2010

I thought I should follow up in that this representation may appear to be
overly "wordy".

However, in the triplestore this the representation:

<concept> *hasScientificNameURI*      <name_uri>
<name_uri> *isScientificNameURI_Of*  <concept>

will occupy about ~ 62 bytes - Less that many unicode name strings by
themselves.

- Pete