[tdwg-content] What I learned at the TechnoBioBlitz

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:11:41 CEST 2010

I believe the observation part should record the "nativeness" of the
habitat, not of the species. An animal in a zoo or plant  in a
botanical garden is likely to be non-native - but it could be. A
lichen or a pathogenic fungus is much more likely to be native. But
knowing the habitat according to this, would be very useful for
pathogenic funguses as well.

With limited nativeness to English, nativeness applied to habitat does
not seem to be the correct term to me, establishment means neither.

---------------
Any additional proposal for a term recording the occurrence
circumstances with respect natural or man-made?
---------------

Proposals for terms to be covered could be:

Inside a building; including greenhouses (= square kilometers of these
in agriculture!)
Open air garden or zoo
Open agricultural habitat
High volume traffic lines (railways, highways, waterways)
Habitats with limited human influence.

to be emended and improved....

This list is among other informed, by questions in quarantine, but
also escaping biologically modified organisms.

Gregor