[tdwg-content] What I learned at the TechnoBioBlitz

Jerry Cooper CooperJ at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Oct 12 06:02:03 CEST 2010

We will have to agree to disagree.

For me at least 'Native',  'Invasive' etc are clearly not properties associated with a collection event. They are collective statements, not necessarily about properties of the taxon as a whole, but about the properties of a taxon in some restricted sense - usually geographically restricted.

GISIN, like our model here in  NZ, pulls together such items under a triplet of taxon/occurrence statement/geographical extent linked to a publication.

Jerry