[tdwg-content] What I learned at the TechnoBioBlitz

Donald.Hobern at csiro.au Donald.Hobern at csiro.au
Tue Oct 12 02:16:07 CEST 2010

Thanks, Joel.

Nice summary.  One addition which we do need to resolve (and which has been suggested in recent months) is to have a flag to indicate whether a record should be considered to show a "natural" occurrence (in distinction from cultivation, botanic gardens, zoos, etc.). This is not so much an issue in a BioBlitz, but is certainly a factor with citizen science recording in general - see the number of zoo animals in the Flickr EOL group.

Donald

Donald Hobern, Director, Atlas of Living Australia
CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences, GPO Box 1700, Canberra, ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 62464352 Mobile: 0437990208
Email: Donald.Hobern at csiro.au
Web: http://www.ala.org.au/