[tdwg-content] Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers

Rutger Vos rutgeraldo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:49:52 CEST 2010

> As an example I am of the growing opinion that taxonomic classifications
> would be rendered perfectly adequately in SKOS - each classification being a
> free standing thesaurus linked to other thesauri/classifications using the
> standard SKOS terms.

This is how TreeBASE shows links between OTU labels submitted to it
and their matches to uBio NameBank records and NCBI taxonomy records,
using the skos:closeMatch predicate (this was deemed appropriate also
because the TreeBASE webapp determines these links mostly just by
string matching).

--
Dr. Rutger A. Vos
School of Biological Sciences