[tdwg-content] Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 12:00:36 CEST 2010

> All URNs tell you what they are by their urn prefix (not necessarily how to resolve them)

LSID do not tell this, you only know they are URNs, which means the
semantic web stops here. I believe and may be wrong, that switching
between a http-proxied-form-of-an-LSID and a pure LSID requires rules
that semantic web processors cannot process as sameAs.

I believe this implies that if you want LSIDs in the semantic web, you
need to inform about the http-proxied versions and pure LSIDs in
*parallel*.

Keeping it parallel requires some design pattern. This could be a
structure inside scientific name of course, but since both identifier
forms are attributes of the class Pete's proposal made a lot of sense
to me  FOR AN RDF implementation.

Gregor