[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] Inclusion of authorship in DwCscientificName: good or bad?

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Thu Nov 25 02:03:42 CET 2010

Quoting Rich Pyle:

> At this point, though, I really don't have a good sense for how best to
> proceed.
>
> Aloha,
> Rich

Maybe an answer would be to use TCS not DwC for exchange of purely taxonomic data? How about creating a TCSA format for bulk transfer - or is this not a great thought... (not being that familiar with TCS)

One problem is that (e.g.) it is often desired to include some non-taxonomic information along with the names e.g. distribution/habitat codes, etc.

Just an idea, don't know if it solves the residual DwC issues anyway,

Cheers - Tony