[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] Inclusion of authorship in DwC scientificName: good or bad? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

dipteryx at freeler.nl dipteryx at freeler.nl
Tue Nov 23 09:41:59 CET 2010

Van: dipteryx at freeler.nl [mailto:dipteryx at freeler.nl]
Verzonden: ma 22-11-2010 13:18

***
After looking at this paper a little more closely I see this
is not the brightest thing I could have said.

There are three main issues with this paper (besides a lack
of rigour in the use of terms):
1) it is fifteen to twenty years out of date (it is dated 1994),
2) it represents a meeting of three worlds
      a) name strings found in databases
      b) names governed by the ICBN and ICNCP
      c) the standards applied by the TDWG
   and it is not always clear of what item or what usage belongs
   to what world,
3) it is a little confused in its focus (what it does deal with
   and what it does not deal with).

Paul van Rijckevorsel