[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] Inclusion of authorship in DwC scientificName: good or bad?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Nov 22 19:35:17 CET 2010

TCS includes the element "Uninomial" (under the "CanonicalName" node), to
address all names consisting of a single "part" (=single "NameElement" in
GNUB-speak); including names at the rank of genus. I don't rememeber exactly
whether names at the rank of genus are supposed to be represented in both
"Uninomial" and "Genus", but I guess it doesn't really matter.

The addition of "Uninomial" to DwC would effectively solve the problem of
representing names not among the "main" ranks.

Rich