[tdwg-content] Proposal to Add a GeoSpatial "Area" to the DarwinCore [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul Murray pmurray at anbg.gov.au
Mon Nov 22 06:21:18 CET 2010

On 20/11/2010, at 5:32 AM, Steve Baskauf wrote:
> The other question is a more general one.  Do we need more ways to specify uncertainty in location than we already have?  We already have

Another thing: our data distinguishes between  "X is known to occur in Australia" and "X is ubiquitous throughout Australia" (eg: rabbits). I believe the first often crops up in historical data when some document states that X was seen in Novo Hollandiae, and we don't know anything more than that.

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.