[tdwg-content] EEA use case

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:17:09 CET 2010

I have been working with Søren to interlink our species lists, and many of
the sources included on the EEA diagram are incorporated into my sparql
endpoint.

There are additional linked data sets including uniprot and bio2rdf.

The endpoint is described here: http://www.taxonconcept.org/sparql-endpoint/

<http://www.taxonconcept.org/sparql-endpoint/>This means that people can at
least begin to try some of this out now.

* I am in the process of updating my data set so the over the next few days
there will be a time where the taxonconcept entities disappear, but they
should be back within an hour.

Here is one species as seen from the TaxonConcept entity in the triplestore:

http://lsd.taxonconcept.org/describe/?url=http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ses/dwAmr%23Species

Here is the EUNIS representation for that same species.

http://lsd.taxonconcept.org/describe/?url=http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/species/90992

Note you can browse between these an other related entities.

Respectfully,

- Pete

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Thomas Bandholtz <
thomas.bandholtz at innoq.com> wrote:

> The European Environment Agency has published a use case about
> networking and aligning species databases all over Europe based on
> Linked Data:
>
> http://svn.eionet.europa.eu/projects/Reportnet/wiki/ContentRegistry/UseCase10
> I am quite sure they will start working on this quite soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Bandholtz, thomas.bandholtz at innoq.com, http://www.innoq.com
> innoQ Deutschland GmbH, Halskestr. 17, D-40880 Ratingen, Germany
> Phone: +49 228 9288490 Mobile: +49 178 4049387 Fax: +49 228 9288491

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
445 Russell Laboratories