[tdwg-content] [tdwg-tag] Inclusion of authorship in DwC scientificName: good or bad?

Dmitry Mozzherin dmozzherin at eol.org
Fri Nov 19 14:34:07 CET 2010

>From harvesting point of view it is a pain to figure out what did author
decided to express scientific name and thus

- scientificName
 - scientificName & scientificNameAuthorship
 - scientificName, taxonRank & scientificNameAuthorship
 - scientificName, verbatimTaxonRank & scientificNameAuthorship
 - genus, subgenus, specificEpithet, infraspecificEpithet, taxonRank,
scientificNameAuthorship
 - genus, subgenus, specificEpithet, infraspecificEpithet,
verbatimTaxonRank, scientificNameAuthorship

is a nightmare to figure intetion of an archive author during the harvest.
If there would be 2 terms --  one only for 'canonical name' and one for a
name with authorship (if known) I would be much obliged!

Dima