[tdwg-content] A question of Ranks [was: Re: tdwg-content Digest, Vol 20, Issue 17]

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Nov 4 10:10:53 CET 2010

Nice pic!  I remember when you took it.  For those who don't know us
personally, Bob is the one standing, waving his arms (as Bob is prone to
do).  I am the one in the lower right foreground, looking like I've gone
without sleep for days (as I am prone to do).

At the time, I was looking over your shoulder and saw that you were tweeting
back and forth with Jim Croft (and I think Rod Page as well).  What made
that funny to me was that Jim was in the room, just out of frame on the left
side of the photo, and Rod was (presumably) in Glasgow, and the three of you
were having a virtual conversation in real time, during a conference
presentation.  It's a different world....

Anyway, to bring it back into scope for this email list, I'll note that in
the photo I'm wearing my treasured GBIF/TDWG T-shirt, customized with the
embroidered caption, "GUID's Rule".  I think of "GUID's" as possesive, so
it's comparable to something like "God's Rule".  Coincidentally, I happen to
be wearing that very same shirt right now.

So...where were we?

Rich

P.S. One final off-topic salvo: Nico, you have no idea how jealous I am that
you were at the rally!