[tdwg-content] Has Domain and Has Range for DwC Terms

Moen, William William.Moen at unt.edu
Mon Jan 4 18:45:14 CET 2010

As part of our work on the Apiary Project, http://www.apiaryproject.org/content/apiary-home, we are using DwC as the foundational vocabulary for our metadata requirements. The question we currently have relates to the Has Domain and Has Range parameters for the DwC terms as listed in the Complete Historical Record:

http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/history/index.htm

We have been reading a number of Dublin Core as well as DwC docs to get an understanding, but it would be very helpful to hear from those of you who have worked with these parameters in DwC.

Thanks.

Bill

William Moen, Ph.D.
Director of Research
Director, Texas Center for Digital Knowledge (TxCDK)
Associate Professor, Department of Library and Information Sciences
College of Information, University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle 311068, Denton, Texas 76203-5017
Email: William.Moen at unt.edu
Website: http://www.unt.edu/wmoen
Voice: 940-565-2473 (TxCDK) or 565-3563 (LIS)
Fax: 940-369-7872