[tdwg-content] proposed term: dwc:verbatimScientificName

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Dec 9 16:49:43 CET 2010

Right....I'll amend my previous recommendation:

When a source database maintains separate fields corresponding to
scientificName and scientificNameAuthorship, they should be concatenated
(with a single space between them) in most cases, or formatted appropriately
for botanical autonyms, to form the required verbatimScientificName

Rich