[tdwg-content] Conflict between DarwinCore and DublinCoreusageof dcterms:type / basisOfRecord

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Sun Nov 1 07:42:25 CET 2009

John commented on Markus' question:

>> Would the following example make sense?
>>
>> dc:type=Dataset
>> dwc:basisOfRecord= TaxonName
>> dwc:recordClass=Taxon
>> dwc:scientificName=Abies alba Mill.
>
>Yes, that would make sense.

I can't remember where, maybe in one of Rich's examples, I thought I saw the basisOfRecord for a taxonName designated as: "NomenclaturalAct".  I thought that was both correct and precise.  Similarly, I think the basis of a taxon record should be a "TaxonomicAct", i.e., a published description or reclassification.

Agreement or objections?

-Stan