[tdwg-content] another typo; acronym expansion; list pointing

Gail Kampmeier gkamp at illinois.edu
Fri May 8 22:47:07 CEST 2009

Dumbledore was at work on this one:
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/namespace/index.htm "Darwin Dore
Namespace Policy" as the big title!!! :-D

Also, first use of URI should be expanded on this page to Uniform
Resource Identifier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URI (link may or may
ot be desirable).

3.2 Substantive editorial errata - the link to [DWC-MAIL] brings up
whether you want to take the user to a page to subscribe to the
mailing list or link to a blank outgoing email, which I presume you
must be a subscriber to send...?

[from earlier email:
On
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/index.htm
Participation: [DWC-MAIL] link should not just open a blank email
(such as this one) but go to
http://lists.tdwg.org/mailman/listinfo/tdwg-content so that people
might subscribe.

Differentiates from sending mail to the mailing list in the list
References (and perhaps elsewhere).
]

I would argue that rather than using a mailto that this link
http://lists.tdwg.org/mailman/listinfo/tdwg-content allows users to
subscribe OR send a message from there.  I guess you don't have to
subscribe to send an email to the list...does this ever get abused?
Whether other mailing lists should be similarly listed may need to be
visited.

Gail