[tdwg-content] Test Example of Beetle Occurrence in DarwinCore

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Dec 23 21:15:15 CET 2009

Very nice Pete.

A few comments:
- the uri burner link didn't work first off (it seemed to strip off one of the / after the http:// ?? - I entered it manually, then it worked)
- why is there a capital B in your url (I'm sure it doesn't matter, just curious) ?
- should the rdf:about resource URI be the same as the dc:identifier resource?  or is this a document "about"/annotating the other object that has URI http://lod.geospecies.org/observations/a3c39dad-6756-4129-9a61-fbd32883d369.rdf ?  probably my misunderstanding.
- I like how you have done the hasPart and isPartOf thing to aggregate the components - is this a standard way to do things?  I hadn't seen it before
- should the dwc namespace be http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/#, rather than http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm# ?
- I see you have linked the http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm#nameAccordingToID<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm%01nameAccordingToID> to a taxon concept.  I think the idea is to link it to a literature reference, where the taxon was circumscribed.  but for some people this may be the same thing???
- it might be better to have your "has close match" links in the dwc:Taxon, that links to the geospecies object, and other objects such as IT IS concepts?

sorry to be pedantic, but it is probably more for my benefit, than yours - ie to help me understand how I should do such a thing myself.

Looks really good though.

Kevin