[tdwg-content] DwC taxonomic terms

John R. WIECZOREK tuco at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 25 00:55:19 CEST 2009

While thinking further in trying to implement the suggested changes
another question occurred to me. The recommendation was made in Issue
#48 to remove taxonConceptID. If it is removed, how would anyone be
able to capture the proposition that a given specimen was a member of
a circumscription identified by a registered (having a resolvable
GUID) taxon concept? I pose that one could not, because we would be
left only with name terms. Unless I'm getting something wrong, I
believe this term cannot be removed.