[Biogeosdi] itineraries in openmodeller

Meganck Bart bart.meganck at africamuseum.be
Thu May 3 13:07:57 CEST 2007

Hi Tim,

I have been thinking about how to make the "itinerary" project a
use-case for our GeoAppInter workflow.

It's clear that until now I've been working a bit too enclosed - so the
Campinas workshop was an eye-opener.

In fact the itinerary implementation would not be that different from
the demo we did. It's just another way of looking at the modeling part.
For that I have some questions about OpenModeler :

* how easy or how difficult is it to make your own algorithms for OM ?
In what language do they have to be implemented ?

* could OM take in data layers other than environmental data ?

best regards,

Bart.

--
Bart Meganck,

ICT & GIS engineer,
African Zoology Department.

Royal Museum for Central Africa,
Leuvensesteenweg 13,
B-3080 Tervuren,
Belgium.

Tel : +32(0)2 769 56 92
Fax : +32(0)2 767 02 42
Email : bart.meganck at africamuseum.be
Website : www.africamuseum.be

This message has been scanned by ICT - Africa Museum