[taxon-model] Re: Owl polymorphism

Markus Döring m.doering at BGBM.org
Fri May 11 13:02:30 CEST 2007

Roger,
this was not targeted directly at TDM. I was mainly exploring OWL and
definitely not suggesting multiple inheritance!

But in regards to TDM I was thinking about the consequences of
allowing any defined term as a "controlled" value for
InfoItems.hasValue.  Is this desired? Having individual classes for
the InfoItem categories now would allow us to define a specific
controlled vocabulary for each category - or None if we dont think
this is a good idea. These vocabularies, like CyclicityTerm, can
easily be extended by anyone who really needs to. And all InfoItems
are allowed to contain uncontrolled values via the hasContent
property in any case.
--
Markus