[taxon-data-model] Re: [taxon-model] Re: Owl polymorphism

Michael Browne m.browne at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 10 23:48:03 CEST 2007

Markus' comment that he would like to use TDM to exchange species
distribution data prompts me to comment that the invasive species data
standard (IASPS) aims to do exactly that.

It includes a few elements that are specific to the needs of the invasive
species community such as BioStatus which is comprised of Origin, Presence,
Persistence, Distribution (i.e. Widespread, Moderate, Localized, Unknown),
Abundance, Trend, Rate of spread, Harmful, Regulatory listing, plus
ImpactStatus and DispersalStatus, but otherwise its purpose is to facilitate
the exchange of species distribution data.

Michael