[tdwg-ncd] Re: Terminology version 2

Neil Thomson N.Thomson at nhm.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 14:39:12 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: tdwg-ncd-bounces at lists.tdwg.org [mailto:tdwg-ncd-bounces at lists.tdwg.org] On Behalf Of Ruud Altenburg
Sent: 17 July 2007 14:52
To: Markus Döring
Subject: [tdwg-ncd] Re: Terminology version 2

Hallo all,

[snip...]

And if I may add another question: how should I interpret the
TaxonCoverageStrength, CommonNameCoverageStrength, etc properties
exactly? In the schema as displayed by Oxygen they seem completely
synonymous with TaxonCoverage, CommonNameCoverage, etc.

Ruud,
The xxxStrength properties should be keywords that indicate a particular strength of that collection. For example a collection could be of insects from Africa, but is particularly strong in butterflies from Zimbabwe.
Neil