[tdwg-ncd] (no subject)

lancelot at bohm.snv.jussieu.fr lancelot at bohm.snv.jussieu.fr
Thu Jan 25 16:54:16 CET 2007

>>>I am pleased to say the the French GBIF node have expressed an early
>>> interest
>>> in making use of the toolkit and have joined this mailing list so
>>> that they
>>> can participate in the discussions - welcome Gaël Lancelot.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome. I would like, however, to point out
that I'm not alone in the French GBIF team. In fact, I'm quite certain that
most of the contributions on this list will come from my colleagues, Adil El
Filali and Patricia Kelbert, who have vastly superior computer know-how to
mine.

This being said, the French node is indeed looking at using NCD for its
metadata
gathering campaign. Due to our timekeeping constraints, we cannot afford to
wait for the NCD toolkit, useful as it would be, and we might well develop our
NCD tools (database, interface) in parallel to the work done in Amsterdam. Of
course, we'd be glad to share these developments with the list, in case it
might be of any help.

Thanks a lot for your support and your work,

Gaël Lancelot
Scientific Resource Management
GBIF France
12, rue Cuvier