[Biogeosdi] Abstract for TDWG 2007

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:36:06 CEST 2007

Hi all,

As you know I will attend TDWG 2007 and from the lasts messages I
received seems that I am the only one attending. Therefore I take the
liberty to send an abstract about the workshop we had with all the
participants as co-authors. I am mainly taking the abstract from the
report and briefly reformulating it for a talk. My first idea was to
present this at Renato's session on "integrating biodiversity data"
on Thursday 20th, but due to some things going on I might move it to
the spatial Model session on Wednesday (Renato I will keep you updated).

My idea at the presentation is just to demonstrate the prototype and
highlight some of the issues we had with it. More or less what I did
at OGC but without explaining what a plant is ,like I did there :D

I am asking for teleconference facilities to see if some of you can
at least join me remotely for questions or comments. Is there anybody
avaialble at least for telephone call then?

Hopefully during next week I can work with Tim to set the whole code
in TDWG server and we can have it finally host it somewhere
permanently. If not and if someone is interested we have it working
in a Parallels image that you can run in  a mac (and maybe somewhere
else Tim?)

Cheers and see you all soon.

Javi.