[Tdwg-obs] Public working draft of NatureServe Species Occurrence Schema, comments invited

tdwg at achapman.org tdwg at achapman.org
Mon Feb 13 04:49:10 CET 2006

Lynn

I have only had a chance to have a quick look through your Schema, but at first glance it looks good.

One comment.  In your definitions of longitude and latitude you use them to refer to the "centrum of the Species Occurrence".  Is centrum the correct word here? Are you really refering to the Geometric Center, the Geographic Center or something else?  I have found very few references to its use in this context (why not use center if you want a fairly neutral term?)

Secondly in 'Calculated Representational Accuray' and 'Estimated Representational Accuracy'  you mention "(versus area added for locational uncertainty)" but I find no mention of locational uncertainty elswhere in the document.  I also query whether the term 'Accuracy' is correctly used here.  From the definitions, I don't see that they refer to Accuracy - but maybe I am reading your definitions wrongly. Perhaps you need to revisit the naming of these fields.

In "County Nation Code"  Do you mean "Country Nation Field"?  and in definition

Cheers

Arthur D. Chapman
Toowoomba, Australia

=== message truncated ===