[Tdwg-obs] What is an observation?

Lynn Kutner Lynn_Kutner at natureserve.org
Fri Oct 21 00:42:01 CEST 2005

Two comments / suggestions -

1) Our definition of observation not be limited to only recording data (including images and sound) and allow for the possiblity of people taking physical samples that may or may not be incorporated into a natural history collection.

2) The universe for our observations also include ecological / natural communities in addition to organisms. There is quite a wealth of information being collected at this broader more "habitat" level.

Thanks -
Lynn

Lynn Kutner
NatureServe