Name for the standard

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Tue Sep 16 14:53:19 CEST 2003

Kevin wrote:
> yes, I agree that SDD (Standard for Descriptive Data) would do - I was
> just looking for something a little more exciting. Cheers - k

.... I disagree :-) that "Standard for Descriptive Data"-standard
would do, I therefore propose "Structured Descriptive Data"-standard.
I absolutely agree with you about searching something more exciting.

There is a general name grabbing of most-general and all-encompassing
names (like BioML, which is really indecent...). Since we think about
the generalization from Biological to other collected objects all the
time and try to avoid too specifically biological jargon, we actually
have some justification following suit and grab

  DescriptionML ?

(for which Google returns 1 hit, which interestingly does not contain
the term, I even checked the html source...)

Gregor
Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!